Advanced Pain Medicine Associates sees new patients by referral only. Referral may come from your primary care doctor or specialist treating you. Once we receive a Referral form from your doctor, we will request copies of all of the medical records pertaining to the problem for which you are seeking treatment. Advanced Pain Medicine Associates will review all material to determine if an appointment is necessary. Until Advanced Pain Medicine Associates has all of your records, a decision cannot be made. You may be able to speed up the process by making the request to have your doctor release your records to Advanced Pain Medicine Associates, and signing an Authorization to Release/Disclose health Information consent form.
Advanced Pain Medicine Associates has a policy regarding the prescribing of controlled substances. Every patient who receives a prescription for controlled substances needs to read and sign a Patient Medication Contract regarding these medications. The agreement can be viewed in the New Patient Pack. Not all patients are candidates for this type of medication, and not all patients will benefit by this type of medication. In addition, there are instances where people abuse, divert, or become addicted to certain controlled medications. In order to protect your health and Advanced Pain Medicine Associates, patients are monitored very closely for possible addiction, abuse, and diversion. This monitoring may include frequent follow-up office visits, urine drug screens, and the sharing of medical records between your physicians and your pharmacies. You should not expect to receive a prescription for a controlled substance at your first visit.
Preparation for Your Appointment - What to bring
Please prepare for this by bringing on FIRST VISIT:
- Health Insurance Card/Information
- A friend or family member to take notes/help with questions
- All medications you are taking
- A list of your questions/concerns
- A copy of your XRAYS/CT scans (not the reports-get the actual films)
Forms to bring on FIRST VISIT:
NEW PATIENT PACK – Download
- Please remember to bring all forms, completed, to your first appointment. Otherwise, your appointment will be rescheduled and you may be charged for the appointment.
- If you are more than seven minutes late for your appointment, we will need to reschedule.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, we require 24 hour notice. If we do not receive either a call or a message 24 hours prior to your appointment, there will be a $30 fee charged to you. Voicemail may be left after office hours. Fees must be paid before another appointment may be scheduled.
- There is a $20 per page fee for all disability forms and/or letters. Payment will be collected at the time forms/letters are requested.
- SELF PAY PATIENTS - must provide cash or money order for the amount of $200.00 before services can be rendered.